Friday 22 April 2016

Time to utilize what we have.

Today I was chilling with the NAETO World mag team and we had a conversation that really unsettled me. A conversation about my township Soweto. Well Soweto,s youth I fear were we are headed. Our youth has gotten used to experting thing done and given for us that when they are here we know not what to do with them.

The biggest township in the world has a lot of facilities but they are not used. Firstly I will talk about swimming facilities, how many swimming pools do we have around Soweto? If you don't know well I'll let you know , there are 8 swimming facilities in soweto. And with that stated how many swimming teams do we have in Soweto? Then we go to the eco parks facilities built all around Soweto. How many are used for their correct purpose? Then there is the Soweto cricket oval. This facility is here for us to use but do we have a cricket league? Or are we still considering it "a white sport" ?

I am only naming a few facilities that are here but are not used to shape our community and the future our kids. We are letting good facilities rot and go beyond repair because we are complaining about not enough funds. But then again who will fund a development project that is non existent. We need to do a lot for ourselves before we look at other people . My main concern here is that we have gotten used to expert things done for us that we do not do anything for ourselves.

I say it us time to start doing the best we can do for ourselves before we can look outside. A better tomorrow will not come for a foreign land but from within us. Its time to support each other and develop each other .

For real though!!!
The Don

No comments:

Post a Comment